Announcement of the TICAD Ministerial Meeting
Side Event on the "African Clean Cities Platform"
5th October 2018, Tokyo, Japan
Taking the opportunity of the TICAD (Tokyo International Conference on African Development) Ministerial Meeting, the Ministry of the Environment of Japan and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) will organize the Side Event on the "African Clean Cities Platform (ACCP)". The TICAD Ministerial Meeting is an international conference to discuss African development for following up TICAD 6 in 2016 and preparing for TICAD 7 in 2019, inviting ministers and senior officials from African countries to Japan. In this side event, the summary of the first ACCP annual meeting held in Rabat, Morocco in April this year as well as various initiatives to solve waste problems by JICA, the city of Yokohama and international organizations will be introduced. If you are interested in Africa and waste management sector, you can participate by pre-registration. Please contact the secretariat of this event (Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center (OECC) : email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org) by 25 September 2018.
Date and Time
Friday, October 5, 2018, 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Magnolia Hall, Tokyo Prince Hotel, Tokyo. Japan
Main contents (tentative)
- Review of the first ACCP annual meeting (Issues and future initiatives) (JICA)
- Introduction of "Africa Waste Management Outlook" (UNEP)
- Efforts to Improve final disposal sites in Africa by the Fukuoka method (UN-Habitat)
- Introduction of "What a Waste" revised edition (World Bank)
- Training program for Sustainable Waste Management for African Countries (Yokohama City)
- Environmental Education in Africa (former JICA volunteer in Cameroon)
English, French and Japanese (with simultaneous interpretation)
Ministry of the Environment of Japan, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), UNEP, UN-Habitat, City of Yokohama